Sign up and don't miss an update!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The images of Mandy, which I personally believe to be awesome remind me of a recent conversation I had with a friend of ours.  We were invited over for dinner and upon our arrival, our hostess commented on how much she liked my images and that I must have an incredible camera.  I said nothing at the time.  Upon finishing dinner, I remarked that the food was delicious and that she must have an incredible oven.  Apparently, mediocre cooks are not as sensitive as mediocre photographers, as she completely missed the point.  At that moment, I learned not  to compare my work to baked chicken.







     




    Well, I came home and went back to work on the images of Mandy.  I kept saying to myself that photography was not so much about the equipment as the eye of the artist.  That, as Ansel Adams said, the "negative" was just the score of the symphony, and the image was the performance.  And then it hit me.  There is a third element... the subject.  I am so honored to have worked with so many wonderful models, friends, acquaintances and even strangers that have allowed my work to impress a housewife who believes that is was just a camera that created the images.

I owe it all to the inspiration my subjects have given me.  However, there are some very special ladies who deserve recognition.  Melissa, Mandy, Sarah Jane, Ariel, you are all defintely top tier people.




So, while I am proud of the work I produce, I feel I must honor the wonderful ladies that allow me to create the images and develop the concepts that I seek.

As I approach my eighth very major surgery since November of 2010, I consider myself not only lucky, but honored to have had the opportunity to have worked with so many wonderful ladies. 

Here are some images of them, and while I'm sure I will miss some, that does not mean that they are not in my heart.














To all the ladies I have worked with, you know I have the utmost respect for you and I sincerely thank you for the opportunity to have created such lovely images. 
Should things not work out with my next surgery, please know that you are all very special. 
Should things work out well, all of the above still applies.
Thank you ladies, for making my camera look so incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment